There’s been a bit of a Twitter craze recently to come up with really boring descriptions of famous books. The ninevoices decided to have a go. How many can you guess? Do you have some gems to challenge us with?
(Well, come on, what else is there to do besides shop for a Darth Vader facemask?)
Name that book:
- Lawyer advocates protecting avian – and anyone resembling it.
- Old butler questions career choice but sticks with it.
- Man resents government, then changes mind.
- Two friends take long walk to dispose of item of jewellery.
- 9-35 to Victoria delayed by adverse weather conditions and a police incident.
- After lifetime of misery woman marries disabled employer.
- Grain merchant reunited with wrong daughter
- Dyslexic child hangs siblings and self
- Young woman, poor judge of men, inherits farm.
- Island guests eliminated one by one.
- Fate of sisters in the hands of crotchety aunt.
- Draught under door leads, eventually, to capital punishment.
- House of seamtress’s employer collapses.
- Wild scenery, tame love story
- Professional mourner, accused of theft, gets more than he asked for.
- Professor with novelty timepiece solves riddles leading to the Louvre.
- Man makes long journey, has IT problems.
- Sisters move to Devon, marry dull men.
- Woman who once swiped left and regretted it, gets second bite.