The theme of the competition is ‘Summer’.
Write 1200 – 1500 words, and make us feel your summer.
1st prize: £250, 2nd prize: £50
—HOW TO ENTER / ELIGIBILITY—
To enter: you should have earned less than £300 from your fiction writing during 2018. The competition is for unpublished stories of 1,200 to 1,500 words.
Entries should be in Word format. Additional details should be included in your accompanying email (see below).
Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED.
—ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY—
Please send each entry separately to email@example.com.
Attach your story as a Word document. Your entry will be judged anonymously, so do not put your name on the pages of your story.
In the email, tell us:
- Your name
- Your location (country)
- Your phone number (including country code if not in the UK)
- Your writing name (which is what will be shown if we publish the story)
- The title of your story
- Word count of your story
- Whether paying by Paypal or BACS
- The name of the account from which your fee will come.
The closing date for receipt of entries is midnight, 28th September 2019.
A shortlist of the best ten stories will be published on our website in November, and the winning entry will be published in December.
Entry fee is £5 per story, payable in GPB.
We will acknowledge your fee and story once received.
For multiple entries, pay as separate transactions.
To pay by automatic bank transfer, please make your payment to:
Sort code: 09-01-28
Account number: 75006146
It would help us if you could mention your name and the title(s) of the story/stories if your payment facility allows you to do so.
- Stories should be in English and should not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Stories should not be a translation of another author’s work.
- Stories that have won, or are under consideration in, other short story competitions are not eligible.
- No alterations can be made to a story once submitted.
- Copyright of any story remains with the author, but we have the unrestricted right to publish the winning story on our website or in any related material for PR purposes. Such publication will be no bar to subsequent publication elsewhere.
- Data Protection Act: Ninevoices will retain details of all entrants. The information will be used solely for the purposes of ninevoices and will not be disclosed to any other organisations. To amend or be removed from the database entrants should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No member of ninevoices, or any relative of a member, may enter.
Picture credit: DEE HARTLEY, THE LONELIEST STROLL